cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wkukmj
Level 2

Feature Prerequisite not Installing

I have a number of setup prerequisites and Feature prerequisites selected in the Redistributables view and have set up conditions so they run for either 32bit or 64bit machines, I have ordered them correctly i.e Windows Installer - .Net framework files going down first etc, and all the Setup prerequisites install without problem, the issue is with the Feature prerequisite, I have set up a feature(SQL_express_2008) and then ticked against the item selected in the Redistributable list (for info the item to be installed is SQL 2008 Express RTM (x86)) the conditional Installation tick box for SQL_express_2008, and this appears in the custom setup dialog. I have set the Feature properties Display to visible and Expanded the Install Level flag is < than the Property manager value and I have set the Required flag to yes. So when I run the installation all setup prerequisites run successfully and during the installation sequence the custom setup dialog shows the SQL_express_2008 feature (set to install) it just does not kick off the installation of SQL2008 Express. Can you possibly throw some light on this problem, thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

Have you got this working?

I had some prerequistes that were needed to be launched before the install, but then we decided that they should be triggered by Features and therefore if the user does not accept the license agreement then none of the prerequisites are installed.

When they were triggered before the main app install they would get installed and then the user would be prompted for the license and if they say no the the main app may not be installed, but the prerequisites still were and therefore exist on the system.

thanks,
0 Kudos