cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varnkken
Level 3

Feature Condition Max Length

I am trying to add a feature condition to a basic MSI project. The condition is fairly long. There seems to be a limit on the length of the condition string, because when it gets to a certain length (not sure what it is), I get an error "An Invalid condition statement was supplied"

Here is the feature condition:
InstallLevel=1
Condition=
(AMI_VERSION<<"1.9" OR AGILIS_CORE_VERSION<<"2.0.0.18" OR AGILIS_CORE_VERSION<<"2.0.1.6" OR AGILIS_CORE_VERSION<<"2.0.2.6" OR AGILIS_CORE_VERSION<<"2.0.3.12" OR AGILIS_CORE_VERSION<<"2.0.4.1" OR AGILIS_CORE_VERSION<<"2.1.0.11") AND AGILIS_XFS_OPTEVA_VERSION<<"1"

Is there some max limit to the length of a condition? If so, is there a workaround?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Viewing the Condition table in the Direct Editor view, it appears the maximum feature condition length is 255 characters. To squeeze a few more characters in, is it an option to use shorter property names?
0 Kudos
varnkken
Level 3

I could shorten the property names, but then I would have to go back and do that for all my other features that use these properties. A lot of extra work that I would like to avoid if possible.

I was thinking about using multiple conditions for the feature but i was not sure if that would work or not. I don't quite understand how feature conditions work when more than one condition is specified.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

How are you setting the AGILIS_CORE_VERSION property? Do you want just those specific versions, or any version less than a particular one? Before sorting out how multiple feature conditions work out, perhaps that part can be condensed...
0 Kudos
varnkken
Level 3

I needed specific versions, so a range check was not possible.

For now, I bit the bullet and reduced the length of all the properties so that I could get it to work.

I guess the only thing I was not sure of is how multiple feature conditions are handled. Are they mutually exclusive or not?

i.e., If I have two conditions that set the same level for a feature, are they evaluated independantly? If so, what order are they evaluated?
0 Kudos