cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lansdon
Level 2

Fatal Error 0 when opening .msi file

Hello,

I'm finally frustrated enough to create an account and post my issues! I am new to installers so bear with me.

Our environment:
We use IS2011 Pro and Team City for automation on a Windows Server 2003 dev server. We had IS2011 with Hotfix A installed at one point, but after reinstalling IS2011 (troubleshooting), the "update" option gives a script error and fails to offer updates.

Situation:
We've had builds running for a long time in this environment, until a few months ago. We started getting an assortment of errors which were not consistent. I would expect running a build to be deterministic, but we get different results every time a build is run. (without making changes in-between builds)

Current Problem:
If I run the installer build over and over, we currently get Fatal Error: 0 75% of the time, and 25% the build succeeds. (using ISCmdBld.exe)
This occurs when trying to open the .msi file.

Excerpt from the log file:
Language English (United States) built
Including ISSetup.dll
Copying from "D:\InstallShield\2011\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISSetup.dll" to "D:\Build\SL\Daily\Distribution\Starlight v3\Starlight v3\Express\Interm\ISSetup.dll"
Removing read-only attribute for file "D:\Build\SL\Daily\Distribution\Starlight v3\Starlight v3\Express\Interm\ISSetup.dll"
Streaming ISSetup.dll support file D:\Build\SL\Daily\Distribution\Starlight v3\Starlight v3\Script Files\Setup.inx
Streaming ISSetup.dll support file D:\InstallShield\2011\Redist\Language Independent\i386\ISRT.dll
Streaming ISSetup.dll support file D:\InstallShield\2011\Redist\Language Independent\x64\ISBEW64.exe
Streaming ISSetup.dll support file D:\InstallShield\2011\Redist\Language Independent\i64\ISBEW64.exe
Streaming ISSetup.dll support file D:\InstallShield\2011\Redist\Language Independent\i386\_isres_0x0409.dll
Streaming ISSetup.dll support file D:\Build\SL\Daily\Distribution\Starlight v3\Starlight v3\Express\Interm\IsConfig.ini
Streaming ISSetup.dll support file D:\Build\SL\Daily\Distribution\Starlight v3\Starlight v3\String1033.txt
Adding D:\Build\SL\Daily\Distribution\Starlight v3\Starlight v3\Express\Interm\ISSetup.dll to Binary table
ISDEV : fatal error 0:
110: Error opening D:\Build\SL\Daily\Distribution\Starlight v3\Starlight v3\Express\CD_ROM\DiskImages\DISK1\FPS Starlight Visual Information System.msi

Note: the .msi file exists in the specified location and I'm able to double click it and open it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Lansdon
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
DebbieL
Level 17

I'm not quite sure what is going on, but if you still need hotfix A, here's a KB article that contains it:
http://flexerasoftware.force.com/ka3G0000000PmXOIA0

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos