cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidchristians
Level 2

Failing activation after workstation reinstall::The number of verifications exceeded

"The number of verifications allowed for this account has been exceeded."

Following a recent harddisk failure, I have had to reinstall the o/s et all - and now when I come to activate my recently purchased copy of Installshield 2008 I get the error above.

This is highly annoying, and shocking, as the documentation states that I should have uninstalled the software (ah yes, that would have been PRIOR to my harddisk crashing).

Apart from this being a simply rediculous cop out, I find it completely unacceptable for a company to suggest this as a solution. I have purchased a licence at considerable expense and I am now being prevented from using my licenced software by the company that happily took my money.

What's more, they followed it up by an equally unacceptable recommendation of contacting sales for ANOTHER licence.

I have not changed PC hardware (other than the disk), the software has only been installed on this PC.

I have trawled the Acresso websites looking for a telephone number of someone to call to have the 'activation credit' reset but can only find email contact forms.

I am sorry for venting but I really do find this kind of behaviour abhorrent, and nearing extortion.

Can anyone suggest how I would go about having this credit reset?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Not applicable

Sorry for your frustration with this. Replacing certain bits of hardware can result in the machine being identified as a "new computer" and requires that you go through the re-activation process again.

Call support at 847-413-2896 and explain the situation to the support generalist that answers the phone. They will get you all set.
0 Kudos