cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bineesh
Level 6

Failed to set code page for Language 46

Hi,
I need to create a setup for chinese language I added Chinese in the installation localization and made data language and UI language to Chinese in Release but while building the project I am getting the error "Failed to set code page for Language 46" (Error code 6012)
I can see it from the help I can see that Install code page for the specified language. From where I will get the code page for the language 46. How to resolve this error?

I am using Basic MSI Project.

Regards,
Bineesh
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
ametisse
Level 5

Hi,

I don't know if that can help you, but I have seen in the help of InstallShield these codes:

Chinese (Simplified)

Chinese (Traditional)
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Perhaps the instructions in the following topic would help you resolve the error:
Installing Supplemental Language Support on a Build Machine
0 Kudos
Bineesh
Level 6

Thanks for your reply..
I did as per the document but still same error. From where I will get the file for Language 46. Language 46 is chinese?? I think installing C_46.nls in to system32 will resolve the issue From where I get this file??

I am using Windows XP SP3 as build machine..
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Hmm. I don't think that 46 is Chinese. If 46 is hex, it's Punjabi (spoken in India), but if it's decimal, it's Upper Sorbian (spoken in Germany) per http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd318693(VS.85).aspx. Neither of those has anything to do with Chinese. So, I'm not sure what is going wrong. Can you try to reproduce this in a brand new project, without any files--just change the language and seeing if you get any similar build errors?
0 Kudos
Bineesh
Level 6

Yes you are absolutely right..
Now it is building successfully but in Release configuration the default language should be English.
I can't make the installer that support only chinese. I can make installer supports English as well as Chinese with a language selection dialog and the default language should be in English. If I make it the default language as chinese I am getting the same error.
Is it InstallShild bug? How can I create the setup that can support only chinese I dodnt want language selection dialog.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Maybe see if changing the Default Language setting in the General Information view or the String Editor view from English to Chinese helps.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Sorry, my mistake. I don't think that resolves the issue. Let me look into this a bit more. I'll post if/when I figure something out.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

I think that this should resolve the problem:
[LIST=1]
  • Open the Direct Editor view and select the ISRelease table.
  • Find the DefaultLanguage column, which will have a value of 46, and replace that value with 2052.

I hope that helps.
  • 0 Kudos
    Bineesh
    Level 6

Great Thats Worked......
    Thank you so much for your help.......

-Bineesh
    0 Kudos
    jaybee96
    Level 8

46 is Thai
    0 Kudos