cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minherz
Level 2

Failed removing custom destination folder

Hello,
I'm using InstallShield Script MSI project. If user is customizing the destination folder on installation. The uninstall doesn't removing the folder, but leaving it empty. The depth of the custom path has no meaning. Please advise.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Not applicable

Unfortunately this is a limitation of the SelectDir function which is called by SddAskDestPath function.

When you select a new folder the dialog must verify that the new path can be created and is writable, the only reliable way to do this is to create the folder. Attempting to delete the folder immediately after creating it could cause problems so currently we don't attempt this, thus if you select multiple paths the each folder is created.

One way to avoid this is to use AskPath, however this dialog does not verify that the selected path is valid or writable, therefore if you use this dialog and the user specifies an invalid path the setup will probably not catch it until file transfer at which point the setup will probably fail and end.

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
minherz
Level 2

Thank you for the detailed answer. However, my question was regarding uninstallation process. I've no problem that a custom destination path that user is picking will be created. My issue is that the path is remaining when the product is uninstalled. Maybe the answer is already in your post but I didn't understand it.
0 Kudos