cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rumata87
Level 3

F-n registration!

What's wrong with you, guys!?
I've registered and received activation key. VS told me - it's not active!
I've done it again and got new activation key.

I went here and registered again on forum. When I've used password you sent me, forum told, that it's about 15538 days old and I need to change it. WHAT?!

Then I went to support page, because I haven't found answer here. Guess what?! I was told to register AGAIN!!! I've done it once or twice? Why again?!

Ok. I've entered registration data once again and... ?!?!?! I was told, that I must register once again to get maintaince plan ID!

Nonono! Enough!!! I just wanted to use limited edition for VS, but why should I spend my time to make this thing work?!

Do something with that and while you try answer me or just deleting post I'm going to find something that should just work!

Sorry for bad English.
From Russia with love.
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Apologize for the inconvenience caused. Kindly let us know if you were able to register InstallShield limited Edition successfully or if you are still coming across the same issue.
0 Kudos
rumata87
Level 3

The same thing...
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Could you kindly let us know if you are using InstallShield2012LimitedEdition on Visual studio 2012.
0 Kudos
rumata87
Level 3

Lenwin wrote:
Could you kindly let us know if you are using InstallShield2012LimitedEdition on Visual studio 2012.

Yes. That's true. I've not found any info that it's impossible.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

InstallShield2012LimitedEdition for Visual studio 2012 is still in the beta phase. I did a quick test on one of the machines at my end but I was unable to replicate this issue. I am currently setting up a new machine at my end to investigate further. Could you kindly provide us more information regarding the operating system and the environment on which you are coming across this issue.
0 Kudos
rumata87
Level 3

Lenwin wrote:
InstallShield2012LimitedEdition for Visual studio 2012 is still in the beta phase. I did a quick test on one of the machines at my end but I was unable to replicate this issue. I am currently setting up a new machine at my end to investigate further. Could you kindly provide us more information regarding the operating system and the environment on which you are coming across this issue.

Ok. I'll provide any help needed.

OS - Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation x64
Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9500
12 GB RAM

Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2012, version 11.0.50727.1 RTMREL with russian localization.

Should I provide anything else?
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Thank you for providing us the additional information. I shall get back to you in case we require any further information.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Could you kindly try downloading the new version of InstallShield Limited edition and check if you are able to activate the product.

Kindly refer the below thread regarding the new version of InstallShield Limited edition.

http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=202622
0 Kudos
rumata87
Level 3

Lenwin wrote:
Could you kindly try downloading the new version of InstallShield Limited edition and check if you are able to activate the product.

Kindly refer the below thread regarding the new version of InstallShield Limited edition.

First of all, InstallShield LE haven't got update check function as announced. Once again I had to register to download new version.

The second thing is, that after install new version of IS, VS began to hang on "Create project" button, so I coundn't check if registration is fixed. After uninstall InstallShield LE everything is OK again...

EPIC FAIL!
0 Kudos
rumata87
Level 3

Lenwin wrote:

First of all, InstallShield LE haven't got update check function as announced. Once again I had to register to download new version.

The second thing is, that after install new version of IS, VS began to hang on "Create project" button, so I coundn't check if registration is fixed. After uninstall InstallShield LE everything is OK again...
0 Kudos