cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kisundar
Level 3

Executing a Custom Wizard Action from a feature

Hi,
Is there any way that I can execute a Custom Wizard Action for a particular feature..during the Install sequence.
For eg: I have a CancellableWizardAction that displays a progress bar..but I want this action when a particular feature is getting executed...Please reply ASAP
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For one approach, please see the condition described in this thread: [thread]159796[/thread].
0 Kudos
ElihuRozen
Level 3

I think what you want to do is create a custom Product Action & add that under Organization - Installation Design. Click on a component in the feature, then right-click on it and select Insert Action.

This assumes you have registered your custom product action bean in the same manner as you regeistered any custom wizard action bean. See the help for more information on developing a custom product action bean.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Yes, if a product action will suffice, that is a much cleaner solution than using feature conditions on a wizard action.
0 Kudos
kisundar
Level 3

No, the very reason I want to execute a Wizard Action(Exec Wizard Action) from the Feature is because I wanted to associate a dialog panel with the Wizard Action.....which is not possible in case of a Product Action(Exec Product Action does not have that provision)
0 Kudos