cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryannick
Level 4

Exclude subfolder from Dynamic link.

Hi,

I'm linking my master folder dynamically to get all subfolders and files. This works well. But now I want to exclude a SubFolder. How can I do it ?!
-Root
- Folder1
- Folder1.1
- Folder1.2
- Folder2
- Folder2.1
- Folder3
I want to dynamic link "Root", BUT I want to exclude Folder2 and Folder2.1 (I want to exclude it, because I want to put it in an other feature. So if I can make Folder2 dependant of a feature, it would be also good.)

Is that possible ?!

Thanks !

Yannick.

Context ::: InstallShield 2008, Basic MSI Project, Windows XP.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
ryannick
Level 4

Any idea ?!
0 Kudos
Greg_R
Level 4

I was trying to do the same thing today, but I couldn't figure it out. Instead, I'm having the folders that I don't want included to be copied to a different location before building the installation happens. It's not the most ideal solution, but it will work for my particular problem.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

InstallShield currently allows you to include all or no subfolders for a dynamic file linking. In order to get it work-around, you need to create a separate dynamic file linking for each subfolder that you want to include; instead of having one dynamic file linking for the "Root" folder.
0 Kudos
ryannick
Level 4

Damn 😞 That's not what I wanted to hear 😛 But it seems to be like that... Thanks guys for your answer, I'll take a look on it.

Yannick.
0 Kudos