cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeff_Morse
Level 6

Errors compiling Win32RegistryService

Hello,

I have a custom event to move and copy some win registry keys and I am having trouble compiling the code. First compile, with the default package imports, spewed errors about the Win32RegistryService unknown symbol. After searching these forums for help I added "import com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32" to the code, plus I added $A(IS_HOME)/distributables/platform/ext/windowsppk.jar to my class path and still, I get:

Error in InstallScript.java on line 22: package com.installshield.wizard.platform does not exist Class Compiler
import com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32; Class Compiler

Does anyone know what package I need to import to use the win32registry stuff?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
enanrum
Level 9

Not sure if this helps but another way to do this is with the 'Windows Registry Update' (WRU) Action and 'Windows Get Registry Value Action' (WGRV)

You can copy keys by using WGRV to get the keys, set it to a variable and use these variables in a .reg file and use WRU to register it the .reg file!

You can use the variables, remove and add keys with the .reg file.
0 Kudos
Jeff_Morse
Level 6

I can't use the registry beans because I don't know what keys I have to copy. I know the 1st- and 2nd-level keys but not what's below that.

This has been resolved: I also contacted Macrovision Support and Tony helped me out. The key import statement was:

import com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.*;

and making sure all Win32RegistryService method calls are off of the WizardActionContext object.

Thanks everyone,

Jeff
0 Kudos