cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
batman_
Level 2

Error while installing IS 2008 Premier

I'm getting following error:

Product: InstallShield 2008 -- Error 1308.Source file not found: D:\Installs\IS2008\program files\Macrovision\IS2008\SamplesPro\ISPro 6.x Update Sample Project\Setup Files\Compressed Files\Language Independent\OS Independent\license.txt. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

And there is no such file on the disk. If i press "ignore" button, IS installs, but this error continues to appear while first start, working with IS etc...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DanOne
Level 2

We just purchased a Copy of Installshield 2008 Premier.

When i try to install it i get the same error about a missing license.txt file.

Ignoring helps and IS installs but the message reappears whenever any part of installshield is launched, even in setups from indipendent software that were created using installshield.

Is there anything to correct this error or shall i just give the 4000 € product back?

Also Acresso support is not answering because we did not purchase support..... great.

So anyone can help with this or found a workaround?

Some help would be great.

Greets Dan
0 Kudos
DanOne
Level 2

As a workaround:

If you have a previous Version of installshield like the 12 premier, then search for the license.txt + the setup.bmp there.

Copy the content of the installation directory of IS2008 on your harddisc, then insert these two files into the appropriate folder when the setup prompts you that it is missing files.

After doing this several times into the right folder and then clicking retry inside the installer, the installation works and everything is working correctly.

If anyone does not own a previous version i recommend trying to copy dummy License.txt and Setup.bmp files into these folders and try it. Maybe this also works but i didn't try that.

Greets Dan
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

In case anyone else happens to run into this issue, I've attached the license.txt file and the Setup.bmp file to this post. (They're compressed into a .zip file.)

Here are the locations where the two files should be placed:

• InstallShield Program Files Folder\SamplesPro\ISPro 6.x Update Sample Project\Setup Files\Uncompressed Files\Language Independent\OS Independent\Setup.bmp
  • InstallShield Program Files Folder\SamplesPro\ISPro 6.x Update Sample Project\Setup Files\Compressed Files\Language Independent\OS Independent\license.txt

Debbie Landers
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

What operating system are you trying to install on?

This looks like it might be a path length issue for your machine. The first indicator was that you cannot see the license.txt file at all on your system. Try copying the IS2008 folder to your local machine first and see if that makes a difference. Make sure you copy the folder to a location that has a short path (C:\IS2008).
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos