cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachelbaskaran
Level 5

Error when downloaded the exe from the ftp site- Installshield 2009

Hey,

I got this error that you see in the attachment, when I try to download the exe setup from my company's ftp site( Since I'm the developer I gotta check whether things work the way it has too)

It's pure Installscript project type. So this is how I built my installer. In the project assitant I filled in the Company name, Version and company URL.

Then went for Installation designer tab. In that, in the place of files and folders I uploaded my 3 exe files, and an folder called ICON. This ICON folder contains the files to be copied during the installation of the setup, where I use XCopyFIle script to do the copying part. Once the script written it's complied and built.

Once built, I go for the folder in the install shield 2009 and follow these steps.

Myinstallername ->Media->Release1-> Dusk Images-> Disk1-> setup.exe.

This works perefctly fine in my PC. Even If I copy the folder in the USB driver and try in my friend's PC it works fine. But when I download it from my company's ftp site. I get that error.

What's the solution for this problem?

Thanks
Rachel
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Rachelbaskaran
Level 5

Alright, I solved the problem.

Actually when I uploaded the setup folder on the ftp site, some files didn't upload ( Don't know for what reason ) and later I uploaded the zipped folder of the setup to the ftp site and then when I downloaded on my friend's PC and unzipped the folder and then went for installing, it worked the way it should.

Thanks
Rachel
0 Kudos