cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLee65
Level 13

Error when attempting to print license

I have a suite project where the license wizard page does not allow QA to print the license file.
QA is able to double click on the file in the temp directory specified in the error message, open the file in WordPad, and print from there without errors. Also, right click on the file and selecting 'Print' from the context menu works for them.

The affected systems are windows 8 and Windows 7. These are pretty stock operating systems on a VM Workstation 10 configuration.

Is there more required of a user to get the print button to work on these wizard pages? I have a pretty bland RTF file and it views correctly in the license rtf control.

The error message seen:
The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, crete an association in the Default Programs control panel.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MarkusLatz
Level 8

Is on this machines UAC enabled so that the setup runs in the context of the admin ?
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

Good question:

For the recent test, UAC is enabled on Windows 7, but not on Windows 8. The process fails on both systems.
QA usually right clicks on the setup.exe file and runs as administrator.
0 Kudos
MarkusLatz
Level 8

Hhm I would try to run procmon.exe from sysinternals to check what's wrong.

regards

Markus
0 Kudos