cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narsingani
Level 2

Error on Licence agreement

Hi All,

I am very new to InstallShield and have imported existing MSI which was built in Wise Installation Studio. I am having problem when selecting Licence Agreement to Yes. Please refer to the attached screenshot of the error message. Error is " Unable to find the 'Next' push control required to sequence this dialog. Please sequence this dialog using the Dialogs view in Installation Designer".

Appriciate any help.

Thanks in Advance!

Upendra
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I would not recommend using the project assistant for a project that was not created in InstallShield. The project assistant tries to smooth over the details of how Windows Installer works even more than our installation designer views do, and it does this in part by making certain assumptions. In particular for sequencing dialogs, it assumes there are dialogs of certain names that have certain controls named as it expects. Since your project does not match these assumptions, the project assistant cannot make the changes it knows.

So instead of using the project assistant, you will have to use the installation designer views, in particular the User Interface > Dialogs view. There you can examine the dialogs and dive down to the Behavior Editor where you can edit individual controls' events. If you find the equivalent of the "Next" button on the dialog before you want the license dialog, you can change its NewDialog event to point to a license dialog (which you may have to create). Then wire up the license dialog's "Next" button to the dialog that should appear after it, and don't forget to update the back buttons on the license dialog and following dialog as well.
0 Kudos