cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Yen
Level 2

Error loading the DIM automation

Hi, I'm evaluating InstallShield 2010 (Professional), but running into troubles using the DIM feature.

When I'm in InstallShield's Installation Designer for a Merge Module project, and I right click on the Organization / DIM References, and choose "New DIM Reference...", after I choose either the "DemoApp.dim" or the "DemoShared.dim" from the Samples/DIMReferenceTutorial, the following error message box appears...

"Error loading the DIM automation. Please make sure that you have the .NET Framework redistributable and the Visual J# .NET redistributable installed on your machine. Note that the version numbers of these two redistributables must match. You can install those redistributables by installing the InstallShield DIM Prerequisite available on the CD or through FLEXnet Connect. To obtain the prerequisite through FLEXnet Connect: On the Tools menu in InstallShield, click Check for Updates."

I don't have a CD (downloaded it from the website). And Tools->Check for Updates tells me everything is up to date.

How do I get past this? Thanks for any help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
SherylSikora
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

When you check for updates, you should see an option titled: "Additional Files and Utilities Available". If you select this link (I believe you would select the "Learn More" link) it will take you to a web page that has the installation you need. Look for "InstallShield 2010 .NET and J# setups for Collaboration support".

Please let me know if this web page is not visible for you.
(If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)
0 Kudos