cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error extracting ISBEW64.exe from ISRegSvr.dll

I have Visual Studio 2015 and used the Setup and Deployment project from the Other Project Types. That led me to download InstallShield Limited Edition Project. So I have a setup created for a simple COM object and it is failing. I found this error in the log file:

Error extracting ISBEW64.exe from ISRegSvr.dll

Later I get an error that ISBEW64 cannot be found. So does anyone know what's going on?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Not applicable

I seem to have fixed this issue. Since I have the Visual Studio extension I don't have direct access in the IDE to the
0 Kudos
Not applicable

I noticed an output message during the build saying ISX_DEFAULTCOMPONENT1 was set to deploy to the 64 bit program folder but it was marked as a 32 bit component. I guess being the Express edition means I cannot change it via the IDE as I could not find it. But I found I could open the ISL file and modify it directly by changing the value that followed INSTALLDIR from a "2" to a "256". That worked. See the code below. I found I also had to change it for the entry added for my DLL (also in the code below).

Component
ComponentId
Directory_
Attributes
Condition
KeyPath
ISAttributes
ISComments
ISScanAtBuildFile
ISRegFileToMergeAtBuild
ISDotNetInstallerArgsInstall
ISDotNetInstallerArgsCommit
ISDotNetInstallerArgsUninstall
ISDotNetInstallerArgsRollback

ISX_DEFAULTCOMPONENT1{D5D9AB6D-A5C1-4FDE-A98B-B6D76D0B422E}INSTALLDIR25617/LogFile=/LogFile=/LogFile=/LogFile=
SEMRUCmds.dll{5121F5C2-2038-4375-9FF0-D488EC60B257}INSTALLDIR256semrucmds.dll17/LogFile=/LogFile=/LogFile=/LogFile=
0 Kudos