cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snablr
Level 3

Error during maintenance uninstallation.

Hello All,

Recently I converted a Installscript project, which was earlier built using developer 7.02, to installshield 2015. And the product,package and upgrade codes remains same.

Problem is that I installed the product using setup.exe, which was built from Developer 7.02.
Now, if I uninstall that using setup.exe built from Installshield 2015(i.e.,maintenance uninstallation), following error occurs:

1) GetInstallDriver, Can not find InstallDriver in ROT table, Return Code = 0x800401e3
2) ISMsiServerStartup Failure, Failed to RegisterMsiServer, Error = 0x80004004
3) MsiServerStartup failed. Abort installation..CustomAction ISMsiServerStartup returned actual error code 1603 but will be translated to success due to continue marking.

Uninstallation aborts by displaying error "1603".

Does error occurs for the reason that "MAINTENANCE"(should I have to change this property to "_IsMaintenance"?) property is not set to true?If not, what might be the possible reasons for the above error?

Kindly help me out.
Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
snablr
Level 3

Hello All,

I found the root cause for the uninstallation issue in my case.

The reason is 'OnBegin' event is triggered twice during maintenance uninstallation.
Firstly it will be called by script code of upgraded build.And here if( MAINTENANCE ) code part is executed as expected.
Again, 'OnBegin' will be called by script code of already existing build where if( ! MAINTENANCE ) code is executed, which is causing problem in my case.Because, in
if( ! MAINTENANCE ), I'm checking for a registry entry and if it exists, I'm aborting the installation process.

So can anyone tell me why 'OnBegin' of already existing build's script code is called second time and how to avoid this?.If it is avoided then the problem will be solved.

Thanks.
0 Kudos