aramaswa
Level 3

Error Message during Silent Uninstall

Uninstalling from the shell gives the following error message

cat: /tmp/istemp29850251142147/chunk2: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/istemp29850251142147/chunk1': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/istemp29850251142147/chunk2': No such file or directory

But the uninstallation is successful.
Can anybody please tell me the reason for this error. Please let me know as soon as possible.
Regards,
Anitha
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
aramaswa
Level 3

Hello,
Can anybody please respond to this query!!
Regards,
Anitha
0 Kudos
aramaswa
Level 3

Has anybody faced a similar error message ? Please respond.
0 Kudos
mmonahan
Level 3

We have also seen it on AIX uninstalls. When I did a Google on it, I found that the message is listed under Known Limitations for the Tivoli Directory Integrator: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.IBMDI.doc_6.1/pdguide18.htm

Also, there are similar posts against Linux in this ISMP forum. It sounds like this is a Unix bug in ISMP. But, it apparently does not cause any real problems in the uninstall process so my guess is that it is lower priority than other issues.
0 Kudos
enanrum
Level 9

These massages come from the same function call, extractAFile(), in all of the script launchers for UNIX and Linux installs. I'm not sure how the messages should even happen because looking at the section of the function that throws the messages:

[ \( -f "$CHUNK1" -a -f "$CHUNK2" \) ] && {
cat "$CHUNK2" >> "$NAME"
rm $CHUNK1 $CHUNK2
}

So somehow this, '-f "$CHUNK2" ', is returning true when it is not there! This ‘if [] && {}’ statement was added from 10.5 to 11.5 (I went from 10.5 to 11.5 so do not know if they added this to 11) to fix these messages!

If still getting these messages I would just go into all the scriptlauncherstub.sh files in the $A(IS_HOME)/Resources/reslib/platform/ and change the cat and rm statements to:

cat -s "$CHUNK2" >> "$NAME"
rm -f $CHUNK1 $CHUNK2

The -s and -f suppress any messages from the commands!

Regards,
Tom
0 Kudos