cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthewoflynn
Level 3

Error Code not displayed in Japanese!

Hi all,

We have an installer which is localised into Japanese but when any error occurs the error number is not displayed. See the two attached images to see what I mean.

In the logs the correct message appears:
MSI (c) (F8:F8) [18:28:42:401]: 製品 : [Product Name] -- エラー 1313。 。ボリューム D:\ は現在使用できません。別のボリュームを選択してください。Test

Would anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks,
Matt
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Have you checked the Japanese translation for the IDS_ERROR_1 string entry in your project? Go to the String Editor view and make sure that you have "エラー [1]。" instead of "{{エラー [1]。 }}".
0 Kudos
matthewoflynn
Level 3

hidenori wrote:
Have you checked the Japanese translation for the IDS_ERROR_1 string entry in your project? Go to the String Editor view and make sure that you have "エラー [1]。" instead of "{{エラー [1]。 }}".

I checked for that and you were right. I removed the braces and the error code displays correctly now. 🙂 thanks a million for solving that for me.

I have googled for a few hours but can't find any documentation relating to the double curly brace format. Is there any documentation relating to this?

Thanks again,
Matt
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

The double curly brace format was accidentally added to the Japanese string value. This issue was discovered during our internal system test and has been corrected in InstallShield 2011.

Also, you also need to fix the string value in the 1041 (UNICODE).txt text file under the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010 folder so that every new project created using InstallShield 2010 will have the correct Japanese string value.
0 Kudos
matthewoflynn
Level 3

hidenori wrote:
You also need to fix the string value in the 1041 (UNICODE).txt text file under the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010 folder so that every new project created using InstallShield 2010 will have the correct Japanese string value. This issue has already been corrected in InstallShield 2011.

OK, will do. Thanks again.

Regards,
Matt
0 Kudos