cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmatlock
Level 6

Error Code: C8014

I am trying to use InstallScript to create custom dialogs. I have a Setup.rul and I added the isrtscriptdialogs.rul in the InstallScript\Files.

When I added the isrctscriptdialogs.rul file, I can not compile.
It has errors like '_RebootPutString': identifier already defined in my ISRTPriv.h file...

Please help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

ISRTScriptDialogs.rul is not intended to be directly included in an InstallScript project. To modify the behavior of an existing InstallScript dialog, select "Dialog Source" from the left drop-down box in the InstallScript view, and then select the needed dialog from the right hand drop-down box. This will add only the code needed for that dialog that can then be compiled as part of the project.

For new custom dialogs, no existing standard dialog source needs to be added to create a new dialog function.
0 Kudos
pmatlock
Level 6

Thanks for that info 🙂
I have a question on the best way to implement a custom dialog in which I have to ask for a directory value (such as SdAskDestPath) does.
However, I do not want to install files there, I need to take that value and update an xml/config file.

I'm not sure the best way to accomplish this custom functionality with a dialog...create a whole new custom dialog or modify the functionality of the SdAskDestPath?
0 Kudos