cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Awolf401
Level 4

Error Code 0

:confused:

Can anybody explain to me the idea behind a Error Code 0 on build?

If I get this error I have to do on of the following three things.

Restart InstallShield

Restart My Computer

Build a different project successfully and then recompile the project in question.

I don't really understand what causes this and wanted to know if there was anything I could be doing different in my project to avoid this error. It takes 10 minutes to build my project and the error throws 8 minutes in so a solution would be a very much appriciated time saver.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Error code 0 tends to be an internal build error that wasn't caught close enough to the source to give any better information. If you have any (preferably small) projects which reproduce the third case, and you can share them with us so we could run them in house, we should be able to get better information. With luck that information turns into workarounds or fixes.

It's also possible that each cause is different, although I would suspect it's more likely one or two things that you hit repeatedly rather than a wide variety.
0 Kudos
Awolf401
Level 4

I have a project right now that has error code 0 and wont build at all even after using my techniques mentioned earlier. This ism file is about 339kb will that work?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

That should be fine; if you can email it to me @acresso.com, I'll look into it next chance I get.
0 Kudos
Awolf401
Level 4

It has been sent thank you for your help
0 Kudos