cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanderputten
Level 3

Error 7132 upgrading to InstallShield 2011

I am testing a trial of InstallShield 2011. I have a project created with InstallShield 2009. 2011 upgraded the ism file, but now the project will not compile. I get the 7132 error. I have no other errors in the compile. There are no missing files, everything else is fine.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Could you post the error description?
0 Kudos
vanderputten
Level 3

Resolving strings...
Language English (United States) built
ISDEV : error -7132: An error occurred streaming ISSetup.dll support file C:\2.0.6.39\20100930-115803\Installer\myproject\Script Files\Setup.inx
Building CAB files...
Data1.cab built
Files built
Media table successfully built
Setup.exe created
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Could you check to see if Setup.inx is built under the C:\2.0.6.39\20100930-115803\Installer\myproject\Script Files folder?
0 Kudos
vanderputten
Level 3

It is not there. There are no other errors indicating a problem -- are there any additional places I can look for details on why setup.inx is not getting built?
0 Kudos
vanderputten
Level 3

Ah yes! I found an error in the full log file:

setup.rul
fatal error F8503: Can't open script input file

Unfortunately this error didn't pop out in the IDE -- I think that should have been a red-icon error that appears in the task summary at the end. My two cents worth 🙂

I thought setup.rul was generated -- is this an input file that I should import to my project tree? I made a copy of my 2009 tree in order to test 2011, so I may have failed to import that one.
0 Kudos