cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mary
Level 3

Error 7070

"You have choosen to download the InstallShield prerequisite files for PRQ file Microsoft Office 2007 PIA.prq. This InstallShield prerequisite does not contain download information."

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

In order to include the Office 2007 PIA prerequisite with the setup kindly perform the below steps.

Download the PrimaryInteropAssembly.exe file from Microsoft’s Web site and run it to extract the o2007pia.msi.

Ensure that the file o2007pia.msi file is found in the location C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\Office2007PIARedist\o2007pia.msi

If the file o2007pia.msi is found in the above mentioned location you would find the Prerequisite’s Location field listed as Installed Locally.

Configure the Office 2007 PIA prerequisite to Extract from setup.exe.

(If the Prerequisite’s Location field is not listed as Installed Locally even after placing the file then click on the refresh button)

Build the project.

Regards,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
mary
Level 3

I've run out of ways to communicate that while setting the property to extract from setup compiles fine, it does NOT install the access database engine ("Microsoft.Office.Interop.Access.Dao")on the user's machine. That's why I changed threads.

I thought I would change the install property on the prerequisite to 'download from the web', since that seems to work for the Microsoft .Net client 4.0, but it won't even compile for the Microsoft Office 2007 PIA. I don't need to download the prerequisite, that's already "installed locally". In fact, I'm using the one you sent me as an attachment. When I compile, I get the error message that the prerequisite is missing something.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Could you kindly let us know if Office 2007 PIA is installed successfully if o2007pia.msi file is run directly.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
mary
Level 3

Interesting question!

When I click directly on the msi, I get the message "Please wait while we configure Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies." Then, the User Access Control message. Then "Please install Microsoft Office 2007 before installing this product."

Now the interesting thing is that I have Office 2010 installed on my computer.

I'm just trying to get the access database engine installed, which is supposedly part of the PIA, right? The 2007 engine works fine. Also, my understanding is that users don't have to have Office installed to run software that uses the engine. My application has gone live, so right now I'm having users download and install the engine themselves from Microsoft. I have no way of knowing how many people are turned off by the extra step.

I'm not sure, but I think the msi on my computer is
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSECache\AceRedist\1033\aceredist.msi. It's frustrating to get an entire application ready to go and then discover "installation" is a whole different world, complete with its own lingo and everything else.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Could you kindly refer the o2007pia_readme.rtf file included within the PrimaryInteropAssembly.exe.

Minimum system requirements to install the Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies are:
1 A Microsoft Office System 2007 product
2 .NET Framework 1.1 or higher

Regards,
Lenwin
0 Kudos