cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlorenzana
Level 2

Error -6652 Could not create _isconfig.xml for use with InstallUtilLib.dll

I created a project and the installer worked fine until I added it to source control. Now whenever the "Installer Class" checkbox in COM & .NET Settings of my service's primary output is selected I get this error.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
William_Peek
Level 2

What is the cause for the error ISEXP : fatal error -6652: Could not create _isconfig?
0 Kudos
troycumbo
Level 3

I read that this was related to write permissions, so if you're using a source control tool like Perforce, check to make sure you didn't accidentally vault the _isconfig.xml file, as that would make the file readonly and could prevent InstallShield from creating it at build.

Of course, that won't save you from the bug in IsCmdBld: to appease its own long-standing idiosyncrasy, in your build script you must first create a folder having the same name as your .ism file (e.g., if you are building "Project1.ism", create a folder named Project1 in that same directory) before running IsCmdBld. I wasted a few sunny hours this morning on that one.

Why Flexera has yet to fix or reliably document this behavior is anyone's guess.
0 Kudos