cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ammarkhat
Level 3

Error 6213: Internal build error

I have downloaded InstallShield 2010 Premier – with Virtualization Pack to evaluate the product,

then I have added an InstallShield project to my Visual Studio 2008 solution, with a primary output from one of my projects

Then when building the InstallShield Setup Project

I get the following error:

Error 6213: Internal build error

I tried the same on a scratch projects, and no problem occured

Searching the Internet I got nothing, but this error was there in a previous releases.

Please Help me
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Ammarkhat
Level 3

Dears Acresso Community,

I am waiting for your response, I really can't evaluate the product to purchase it with this error appearing each time I try to build my project

Thank you
0 Kudos
Ammarkhat
Level 3

Kind reminder
0 Kudos
Lurean
Level 8

the only time I have seen this particular error myself is when one of the build process compiler files executed by installshield was encountering a fatal error and not returning a reason.

What I mean by this is that when you build an installer there are portions of the build handled by microsoft generated executables for final creation and it is one of those "compilers" that is throwing the error. Check your build logs and see what actions have been completed and what was in progress at the time the build errored out.
0 Kudos
oskarh6666
Level 2

That error was driving me crazy. But thank you to this forum I found the solution. In the project whose primary output I was trying to install there were references to some files that no longer existed so that was the problem for me.
0 Kudos