cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pari_Govindaraj
Level 3

Error -5046 : Could not preserve previous Build Reports

Hi,

I am getting an "Error -5046 : Could not preserve previous Build Reports" in Installshield 2010 SP1. The help file says to see the KB
base, but the KB is not there. I tried to delete the entire build
media folder and rebuilded the project still the error occurs. Please help me some resoultion to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Pari
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try using the Release Wizard and creating a new build with a new name.

It's under Build->Release Wizard...
0 Kudos
Reureu
Level 10

I think this issue was already discussed in a previous thread:
http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=189223

Solution: delete or rename any "Logfiles" folder at the root of the drive you use to build your setup.

For instance, if your project is built in e:\My projects\Blabla, make sure the folder e:\Logfiles does not exist.

In our case, our build engineer had created such a folder to temporarily save some logfiles, and we faced the problem you mentioned. It is just tough luck that IS2010 temporarily moves some logfiles to this folder, and then copies them back to your project output folder.

I think the same error can occur if you don't have access rights to the project output folder, but I am not sure. So, make sure you have administrator credentials on your build machine.

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Pari_Govindaraj
Level 3

Hi Reureu,

Thanks for your help. I had created a C:\Reports folder for personal use, when i renamed this folder and tried the build the setup. it works...

Thanks
pari
0 Kudos
Reureu
Level 10

Hi Pari,

Thanks for that.

I think the Flexera people should log another bug, similar to IOC-000082530, but this time about the "Reports" folder in the root folder.

Regards
Reureu
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

I created IOA-000056730 to track the issue with C:\Reports, and IOA-000056703 to replace the bad link in the help with troubleshooting info.
0 Kudos