cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_anitha
Level 8

Error -5005: 0x80070002

Hello,

My application installer, developed in InstallScript is giving the following error, each time I click on setup.exe to launch the installer.

"An error (-5005 : 0x80070002) had occured while running the setup.
Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.
If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor "

While running the setup, I made sure that I dont have the setup\application running in the system.
Has anyone seen this error earlier???????
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Error -5005 indicates an issue opening the data1.hdr/data1.cab files located on the built media. The status code provided (0x80070002) indicates "The system cannot find the file specified." Please ensure that data1.hdr and data1.cab, data2.cab, and layout.bin are present in the same folder as setup.exe.
0 Kudos
J_anitha
Level 8

I checked everything. All the required files are in same folder as setup.exe. Moreover, this issue is not seen every time and with all PCs. It comes at times only!:confused:
0 Kudos
sandeep_madhu14
Level 6

Hi Anitha,

Once check whether there is ini files included in your setup.exe folder.

Thanks
Madhu.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

You may want to use a utility such as Process Monitor to determine if there are any issues accessing files (data1.hdr, data1.cab, layout.bin, etc.) on the setup media during initialization.
0 Kudos
J_anitha
Level 8

I have the same setup working on a different PC. Ini is included in the same folder.

I will check with Process Monitor when I encounter this error again.
I formatted the system which was showing this error, I couldnt see that error again...
0 Kudos
sandeep_madhu14
Level 6

Is that error is resolved...

Thanks
Madhu
0 Kudos
J_anitha
Level 8

Yes. I deleted InstallShield folder inside C:\Program Files\Common Files.
0 Kudos