cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ubuuntu
Level 2

Error -5001 : 0x80070002, setup.cpp (142)

Hi,

I am trying to install an installshield exe and I am getting the following message:

InstallShield Wizard

An error (-5001 : 0x80070002) has occured while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: .

Then there are "Report" "Detail>>" and "Ok" buttons.

When I click on Report, the application crashes - windows app crash dialog appears.

When I click on Detail, I get following output:

Error Code: -5001 : 0x80070002
Error Information:
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (142)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600)
IE Version: 8.0.6001.18702

Some further facts:

• I've restarted the machine just to make sure nothing else is running.
  • Other installations and uninstallations work without a problem.
  • This installation file appears to work on a variety of other computers

Any help would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

This could be caused by a missing setup.ini. Setup.ini needs to be in the same location as the setup.exe (except for compressed setups since the setup.ini is streamed into the compressed setup.exe). Error 0x80070002 (file not found) would seem to indicate that setup.ini is missing. (Note that this is assuming this setup was built with IS 2009; the IS version information is missing from the error output.)
0 Kudos
tberla
Level 2

I am getting the exact same error messages, but I don't see where a setup.ini file is involved. Are there other possible causes to track down?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
0 Kudos
Alex886
Level 2

joshstechnij wrote:
This could be caused by a missing setup.ini. Setup.ini needs to be in the same location as the setup.exe (except for compressed setups since the setup.ini is streamed into the compressed setup.exe). Error 0x80070002 (file not found) would seem to indicate that setup.ini is missing. (Note that this is assuming this setup was built with IS 2009; the IS version information is missing from the error output.)

I downloaded a game application to my usb stick from another computer and i tried to run it on my computer but i get the same problem. What would you prefer us to do?
0 Kudos
teeferma
Level 2

Wondering how you resolved this?

tberla wrote:
I am getting the exact same error messages, but I don't see where a setup.ini file is involved. Are there other possible causes to track down?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
0 Kudos