cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
proactis
Level 4

Error -4303 An unexpected error occurred while synchronizing the key file in the spec

I am trying to get a very simple installshield to work,

I do a build using the 1st version of the files, then delete these files from the component, add the new versions to the same component.

I then run the release wizard and point it to the previous MSI file and I receive this message?

Error 4303 An unexpected error occurred while synchronizing the key file in the specified feature.

Do I need to create a brand new component each time I put the files in or have the files in the same location on my hard disk?

Any help appreciated as the error is no help whatsoever and is very very frustrating to say the lease.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The "previous package" option in the Release Wizard is intended to be used in a project that contains dynamic file links. If you are not using dynamic file links (from your description, this does not seem to be the case), a previous package should not be specified.
0 Kudos
proactis
Level 4

I'd Ideally like to use dynamic links but from my previous experience they don't seem to upgrade files too well.

I have to say if I am honest that the help file could do with revisiting.
0 Kudos