cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicka
Pilgrim

Error 27505. Could not open SQL script file

I keep getting this error when I try to run a script that was created using the Database Import Wizard.

I found references to this error in older forums and posts dating back a few years, and it looks like it was solved with a hotfix.

I have installed HotFix A and have this issue, so I believe I am up-to-date with my 2011 version.

Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
jpelot
Pilgrim

Re: Error 27505. Could not open SQL script file

I'm seeing this as well in IS 2011. I'm doing an install on a German OS and I'm seeing it. Seems to work on a US install, however.

Still digging into it...
0 Kudos
kaufmann1
Pilgrim

can not open sql file

I'm encountering the same problem right now. I'm trying to build a basic MSI setup with IS 2011 (with German localization). Doing quite the same with a InstallScript setup it works well.

Currently I'm using a IS 2011 Professional edition in evaluation mode with hotfix Q210896 installed.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Pilgrim

I am not able to reproduce the error. Would it be possible for you to post a sample project and SQL script that replicate the behavior so that I can look into the issue?
0 Kudos
kaufmann1
Pilgrim

I've attached a simple project which demonstrates the problem.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Pilgrim

Thank you for the sample project. Unfortunately, it is still not reproducible. I build your setup.ism on an English Windows XP image and run it on a German Windows XP image. The DBVersionSet table was created on the SQLTest database. There are multiple DBSchema.sql files in your zip and I use the one under the SetupSQLTest\SetupSQLTest folder. Is there anything I am missing?
0 Kudos
kaufmann1
Pilgrim

Well, I don't know what did the trick but now everything works fine regarding SQL scripts. Even the example I've had uploaded works now - untouched. It definitely didn't work yesterday. Something has changed, I don't know, what...

Anyway, I'm happy so far. Thanks for your support.
0 Kudos
Shelfrog
Pilgrim

UAC Issue?

Hi,
I just experienced a similar issue, I found it to be due to UAC settings on the target machine. My install was getting change prompts on a Win 7 machine, and generated the same error you were getting when it attempted to access it's first SQL script. I turned off UAC and the issue resolved.
0 Kudos
kaufmann1
Pilgrim

UAC or Windows XP campatibility mode

I can give some updated information about this issue. On my machine the setup runs without any problems. I tried to install it on some different systems with Windows 7 (64bit, German and English). There I got the SQL script file error again.

I tried to install with UAC turned off and it succeeded.

I tried to install the setup in Windows XP compatibility mode and it succeeded.

It looks like a problem with rights. This is strange.
0 Kudos
SteveLovell
Pilgrim

I also get this issue with Installshield 2011, Hotfix A.
Has anyone managed to get this to work with UAC turned on? I do not want to have to tell people to turn UAC off during installation.
0 Kudos