cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HWilkinson
Level 3

Error 1939 Service x could not be configured.

Hi,

I've created a simple InstallScript MSI Project which installs and configures a service. This error happens when I try and install the software on a Windows Server 2016 Standard (64-bit OS) system.

My project has a Component which configures the Service's "Control Settings" and "Configure Settings". (Please see attachment).

I know I can do a workaround by using the ServiceAddService method after the feature is installed, but surely setting service properties at component level should work.

I am using Installshield 2016 - Premier Edition with Virtualization Pack, Version 23, Service Pack 2

Regards,
Henriët
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
chad_petersen
Level 9

To me, that almost sounds like a bug you are running into there. This forum doesn't seem like a very prudent place to report a bug, since we customers can't do anything about it to help each other.

Do you have a support contract with Flexera so you can either use their support Portal or call them directly? That's what I would suggest you do in this situation in order to open an authentic support case with them.

http://support.flexerasoftware.com

or

https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/

either should work. I have not seen any representatives from Flexera on here in what seems like months.

They used to have an Announcement at the top of each page that was their disclaimer that they do not monitor this forum and do not guarantee an answer here, but that's been replaced by an announcement about some Orientation coming up. I guess they can only have one announcement at a time.

Chad
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

I would start by:
1. Log the install and see if the log shows more about what the problem might be
2. Temporarily remove some of the settings so you can figure out which setting is causing the problem
0 Kudos
chad_petersen
Level 9

Thanks for jumping in there - troubleshooting 101 is always a good idea. It's been a long week already....lol.

Chad
0 Kudos
HWilkinson
Level 3

I've logged this issue with InstallShield support and they were very good at responding.

The error was due to the fact that I haven't set the service executable as the key file in the component.
0 Kudos