cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MacRobert
Level 4

Error 1937. An Error Occured during the installation of assembly

I have seen a couple of old posts asking for help with this error but have not seen any response.

Has anyone successfully resolved this?:confused:

thank you
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
MacRobert
Level 4

The project has several items that are to be installed to the GAC. They are .Net 4.5 dlls. Part of the installer installs .Net 4.5. I created the .Net 4.5 prq file because InstallShield 2011 did not have this prerequisite. I am wondering if this is related to the error that occurs when a .Net 4.5 dll has its turn at being installed.:confused:
0 Kudos
MacRobert
Level 4

I am thinking the system might not have a GAC for .Net 4.5. The sytem does not have GacUtility for .Net 4.5. So maybe there needs to be a prerequisite for a .Net 4.5 GacUtility.
0 Kudos
MacRobert
Level 4

There is the proper %windir%\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL folder where assemblies are to be stored.
0 Kudos
MacRobert
Level 4

I will have to try manual registration with gacutil. I will have to first install the SDK to get the gacutil.
0 Kudos
MacRobert
Level 4

No long term solution yet. I need to move on, so for now I will install everything in the bin file that will be using the dlls.

Hey, its scary in here. I only hear my own echo.:eek:
0 Kudos
MacRobert
Level 4

So attempting to put my dlls in the GAC using the destination of the component set to the GlobalAssemblyCache results in the Error 1937. Since .Net 4.5 does not come with the gacutil.exe and since it is necessary to have the correct version of gacutil and .Net on the system . . .
I will put the latest gacutil.exe (scavenged - thank you Microsoft :confused: - from the latest Visual Studio SDK) into the SUPPORTDIR and call a custom action or other to manually put the assemblies into the GAC.
0 Kudos
MacRobert
Level 4

Problem Solved . . .

stand by . . . .

wait . . . .

If an assembly needs to be registered in the GAC DO NOT (as some search results in goolge say) use the drop down in the destination property of the file. Instead, in the Files and Folders view show the predefined directory [GlobalAssemblyCache]. Add your file in this view.

. . . applause . . . .:D
thank you, thank you very much . . .:p
Elvis has left the building!:o
0 Kudos