cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samsal
Level 4

Error 1935 during installing dlls to GAC

Hi,

I looked to this error in the forum. Most of the posts for this error are related to installshield version less than 12.
Any way What Im trying to do is so simple. I created a component and set the destination to "[GlobalAssemblyCash]", then I added two staightforward .Net dlls to the component. The following images shows the component's porperties and the attached dll files:

After the package is successfully built, I run the setup.exe file to ge the following error:
Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of the assembly component.

If I only have one dll file and its set as Key File, things work fine.
If that can go wrong, what else can go wrong ???!!!!
I appreciate the Help
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
jedimaster_mark
Level 7

I have had this problem many times, and the only solution I could find was to create a component for each file.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

The issue is that GAC information is only extracted from the keyfile of a component, so the other file doesn't get properly registered since Windows Installer only references keyfiles.

You definitely want to split these in to two components.
0 Kudos
yamakamyar
Level 6

So if you create a solution with over 100 binaries that you want to GAC and NGen you will have to create a Component for each of them???

Is there another way to do this?
Also would this work on Vista?
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

Have any of you found a solution to this. We have an assembly that works find in one project installer, but will produce this 1935 error in another project installer. And so far have not figured out why....
0 Kudos