cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishnaKumar
Level 5

Error 1925. Please help

Hi,

I am using InstallShield 2008 for my project deployment. I am building the deployment using Basic MSI project. THe setup has been done and it is working fine. I face an issue when i install it when i log in as a user with restrictions. It says that Installation to be done only in the admin log in. But my clients request is that the setup should be able to install even if it is logged in as a user. Please let me know if there are any options. Very badly in need of a solution.

Waiting for your earliest response.

Thanks in advance,

krishna
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
HennoKeers
Level 7

krishnaKumar wrote:
Hi,

I am using InstallShield 2008 for my project deployment. I am building the deployment using Basic MSI project. THe setup has been done and it is working fine. I face an issue when i install it when i log in as a user with restrictions. It says that Installation to be done only in the admin log in. But my clients request is that the setup should be able to install even if it is logged in as a user. Please let me know if there are any options. Very badly in need of a solution.

Waiting for your earliest response.

Thanks in advance,

krishna

Actually, what you client is asking is against normal Windows behaviour since Windows NT.
You have to be a local administrator to install software.

Your client should have some software distribution system in place that installs the software, GPO, SMS etc etc.

If the client wants to promote his users to local admin's, hey, he should have lots of fun in maintaining these systems.

reg, Henno
0 Kudos