cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yeeht19
Level 5

Error -1721 when installation

Hi,

My installer consists of 3 features, eg: A,B & C.
If i install all features, it has no problem.
But if I install only B & C, the error will prompt. The error prompt when it is registering product information.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
HY
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Error 1721 indicates an error with a custom action. Taking and examining a verbose log should give more details as to exactly what custom action has the problem, and might point to a solution.

That said, my initial guess is that the failing custom action depends on a file that is only installed as part of feature A. Either you should make sure this file is installed for all features, you should require feature A, or you should condition the action to not run when feature A is deselected.
0 Kudos
yeeht19
Level 5

I cannot get the verbose logging.
I've tried few ways like setting in registry and use command line as suggested in http://community.macrovision.com/showthread.php?t=174986&page=2&highlight=logging.
But i always get an windows installer window opened telling me the Command Line Parameters. The window installer that i'm using V3.01.4000.1823. Is there any difference in the command lines?

Anyway, I don't call any custom action from script in the installer. I only add SetInstalleLevel in a setup type dialog.

Typical setup (to install feature B & C):
SetInstallLevel = 100
Application data > Feature > Install Level (for feature B & C ) = 1

Will this create the error?

Regards,
HY
0 Kudos