cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahar900
Level 2

Error 1719 running MSI Debugger

I'm doing a Basic MSI project in InstallShield 2013 Professional. The installer is meant to deliver a handful of files to specific locations, register a couple of windows services and start them.

Stepping through the install sequence, when I get to the "ExecuteAction", which occurs right after the "SetupProgress" window, I get the following error:

"Error 1719. Windows Installer service could not be accessed. Contact your support personnel to verify that it is properly registered and enabled."

My installed version of msiexec is Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.7601.17514.

I can run the installer manually (without debugging) and it makes it to the end just fine. It's only when I try to get past that step in the MSI debugger.

The sequence I ran is as follows:

... (initialization stuff)....
InstallWelcome (Not Installed)
ReadyToInstall
SetupProgress
ExecuteAction <<------ It breaks running this
(InstallExecuteSequence starts)
... do stuff to install ...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
deramor
Level 6

I ran into the same issue. I have not yet found a solution. Were you able to figure this out?
I noticed this was an environment issue. I opened my project on a different PC and ran with the debugger and the error went away.

I also noticed that there was a tmp file in the output folder for the installation project when running the debugger.
Other projects do not create this file.
0 Kudos
deramor
Level 6

For those who may run across this in the future, this is a known defect. Internal defect number IOJ-1627198

If you run into this, please let them know. the more people who complain the higher in the priority it will be to get fixed.
0 Kudos
eladef
Level 7

I have the same issue is there a solution for that now ?
0 Kudos
seraphire
Level 3

deramor wrote:
For those who may run across this in the future, this is a known defect. Internal defect number IOJ-1627198

If you run into this, please let them know. the more people who complain the higher in the priority it will be to get fixed.

I have run into this problem as well, but I'm brand new to InstallShield and I don't even know where to go to report this problem. How do I submit a bug request?
0 Kudos