cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eladef
Level 7

Equivalent to AskPath in Basic MSI

Hi

I moved from InstallScript to basic msi and I want to use one of it's dialog to enable the user to browse to directory on the local machine or shared directory on another machine ( I don't want to install the setup to UNC path but copy several files using install script to this location) instead of the AskPath function but couldn’t find suitable one
Since the AskPath dialog enable UNC path ( \\\) and InstallChangeFolder dialog doesn't ( I get error 2330 )

Any Suggestions ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

You should be able to include the DestinationFolder dialog in your project (which launches the InstallChangeFolder dialog). The simplest method for doing this is to go to Project Assistant->Installation Interview and select Yes for the question "Do you want your users to be able to modify the installation location of your application". If you would like the DestinationFolder dialog to change some other folder path besides INSTALLDIR, replace any INSTALLDIR references on the dialog and dialog control events with the Directory table entry needed.
0 Kudos
eladef
Level 7

The problem is that the InstallChangeFolder dialog doesn't accept UNC path...
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

I'm able to successfully enter a UNC path in the "Folder path" field on the InstallChangeFolder dialog. After clicking OK, INSTALLDIR is updated to the UNC path I had entered.

Is there some other behavior or errors you are seeing when trying this?
0 Kudos