Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Indu_Sr
Level 3

Enable NEXT button in SdCustomerInformationEx

Hi:
I use Installshield MSI Script project.
I have a SdCustomerInformationEx dialog to allow customer to enter customer
information. In this dialog the NEXT button is disabled until there is an entry for SERIAL NUMBER. I want to enable NEXT button by default in this dialog.
So that if the customer does not enter any SERIAL NUMBER, I will install only few features. I change the IS2009\Script\isrt\src folder and change the scripts SdCustomInfoExDlg.rul and SdRegisterUserExDlg.rul but without any use.
Pls let me know ow to proceed. This is an urgent request
Regards,
Indu
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps try making a private copy of SdCustInfoExDlg.rul in your project, modifying the enable-button routine as you've done before, and adding

#include "SdCustInfoExDlg.rul"

to your script under #include "ifx.h"?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Robert is correct, you need to copy the file locally, modify it, and #include it directly, another option is to copy the code from the file into your 'Setup.rul' file and customize it in place.

The reason for this is that when you compile your Setup.rul in the Ide it does not recompile the files under ISRT\Src, these files are precompiled and provided in ISRT\Lib\ISRT.obl, which is automatically linked by the compiler. Thus making changes to these files doesn't have any effect.

If you #include the file in your 'Setup.rul' you are basically duplicating the same function that is in ISRT.obl, however the version in 'Setup.rul' automatically takes precedence over the version in ISRT.obl. (This is why overridding events works, you are basically providing the same function in your setup that is provided in Ifx.obl)

Also, please keep in mind that these source can and will change in future releases, therefore if you customize this code you should note your changes so that if you upgrade in the future and the source files have changed you can get the latest version and reapply the customizations.

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
Indu_Sr
Level 3

Thanks a lot it works.
0 Kudos