cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bornali
Level 5

Enable Edit field upon radio button being selected

Hi All,

Yes i have read the related thread to this topic. But was not able to find anything for my situation. I want to enable the edit field when a radio button ('Yes') in the radioButtongroup has been selected or disable it when the other radio button ('No') is selected. This is not similar to 'License agreement' dialog, rather similar to SQLDialog. When 'Server authentication..." is chosen the text area and edit field are enabled.

I am using Basic MSI, IS2009.

Appreciate all the help. 😄
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I think there is a similarity to the LicenseAgreement dialog. Look for the Conditions on the Next button in that dialog, and apply similar ones to your edit controls. You can condition on the underlying property of your radio button group, and Enable or Disable your edit control accordingly.
0 Kudos
bornali
Level 5

LicenseAgreement
Next PushButton
Event-------------Argument--------------------Condition
NewDialog---------DestinationFolder----------- AgreeToLicense= 'Yes'

MyDialog
Edit2 Edit
Event-------------Argument-------------- Condition
What is HERE------And what is HERE?------myPropForRadioButtonGroup='Yes'

unlike 'Next' button i do not want to go to a new dialog (event). The edit field should now be enabled and let the user type in the text. What event and argument (from the drop down menu) am i supposed to have attached to this condition?

thanks.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It sounds like you're looking at the control's Events. What you want is its Conditions. Try changing the tab in the lower-right of the screen.
0 Kudos
bornali
Level 5

Thanks Michael, that did work.
One glitch though...
If I name the radioButon group with property in small caps, the conditional behaviour is exactly what i want from the edit field. But small caps are not recognized when i use it in MsiGetProperty to output the value to a file.
MsiGetProperty seems to work only for properties with capital letters.

How should i resolve this?

thanks
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

That depends. Since you're outputting it to a file, it sounds like this action should be part of the InstallExecuteSequence. For property values to get passed from the InstallUISequence to the InstallExecuteSequence, they must be public (no lowercase letters in their name) and should be listed in the SecureCustomProperties property. This is a requirement of Windows Installer so if this describes your scenario, you can't name it with mixed or lower case letters.
0 Kudos
bornali
Level 5

so combination/small letters work for getting the behaviour out of edit field, and will not work with capital letters (that's my dilemma :confused: ).
While capital letters work for property value output (and that's how i have all my properties) and will not work with combination/small letters.

Is there any way of having both the edit field work and also to be able to output to a file?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I've never seen behavior like what you describe, but you can bridge the gap with a set-property custom action, or even a Control Event on the Next button (back to the Events tab) that sets the PUBLIC_PROPERTY from the MixedCaseProperty. As an event, the row would look something like this.[CODE][PUBLIC_PROPERTY] | [MixedCaseProperty] | 1[/CODE]
0 Kudos