cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike_hotn
Level 2

Dynamic File Issue

I recently upgraded to a new computer and tried to build an installer for a project from my old machine. It failed at first because a couple path variables were still configured for my old machine. After I updated these paths, I expected it to build correctly, but now I get "error -6102: Error searching for dynamic files matching "\InstallerResources\*.*"" I have verified that the files are present in the directory indicated. I've also re-assigned the dynamic paths by browsing to them just to make sure I didn't have a typo. What would cause this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Make sure that you are building your InstallShield project that is opened from a Visual Studio solution in Visual Studio, or you are building a Visual Studio solution that contains your InstallShield project using MSBuild. The VSSolutionFolder path variable cannot be defined automatically when the InstallShield project is opened without the Visual Studio solution. Please see the Using the VSSolutionFolder Path Variable with Visual Studio Solutions help topic for more details.
0 Kudos
mike_hotn
Level 2

That was the problem. I had updated a different path variable that was previously hard-coded to my last computer's folder structure to use VSSolutionFolder instead. My InstallShield project gets invoked through ISCmdBld.exe, not through Visual Studio, which resulted in VSSolutionFolder being undefined.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

If you are using IsCmdBld.exe to build a release in InstallShield project, you can use the -L command-line parameter to set the value of VSSolutionFolder manually. If you want to have VSSolutionFolder defined automatically, you might want to consider using MSBuild to build a solution that contains your InstallShield project.
0 Kudos
logicatwork
Level 2

I am trying to build a project using the ISCmdBld.exe from the command prompt while using the -L switch to specify the VSSSolutionFolder and am not able to get it to find the location. Is my syntax wrong?

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2014 SAB\System>IsCmdBld.exe -p "C:\Workspace\ABC\Source\ABCInstallShield\ABCInstallShield.ism" -l VSSolutionFolder="C:\Workspace\ABC\Source"

The error i get is as below: There are others but looks like they are caused because of this error

ISDEV : error -6103: Could not find file "\DLLS\Flash32_13_0_0_214.ocx"
ISDEV : error -6103: Could not find file "\DLLS\Telerik\Telerik.Windows.Controls.Spreadsheet.dll"
ISDEV : error -6103: Could not find file "\DLLS\Telerik\Telerik.Windows.Documents.Core.dll"
ISDEV : error -6103: Could not find file "\DLLS\Telerik\Telerik.Windows.Documents.FormatProviders.OpenXml.dll"
ISDEV : error -6103: Could not find file "\DLLS\Telerik\Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet.FormatProviders.OpenXml.dll"
ISDEV : error -6103: Could not find file "\DLLS\Telerik\Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet.dll"
ISDEV : error -6103: Could not find file "\DLLS\Telerik\Telerik.Windows.Documents.dll"
ISDEV : error -6103: Could not find file "\DLLS\Telerik\Telerik.Windows.Maths.dll"
ISDEV : error -6103: Could not find file "\DLLS\Telerik\Telerik.Windows.Zip.dll"
0 Kudos