cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hh1234
Level 5

Don't display in Add/remove

We are using AdminStudio 10 and InstallShield 11. I have created a new .ISM script. All this script does is create 1 registry key. I have compiled this into a single .EXE file. Each time I run this .EXE it of course spawns an .MSI which is fine. But.....since it's a .MSI it creates a new entry in Programs and Features and we don't want that. If all I want to do is create a custom "script" using the InstallScript internal language I don't want it adding an enter into Programs and Features. I don't see anyplace to prevent this entry.

How do you create an InstallShield .ism script/project and have Not create an entry in Programs and Features?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
rrinblue22
Level 9

you can set the Windows Installer property ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT to 1 in the Property Manager in a Basic MSI project to hide ARP entry
0 Kudos
hh1234
Level 5

Thanks for the info. Question for you: I used Wise Script Editor for years which was (and still is) a great scripting tool. When you need to create a script that does a lot of custom stuff (check the reg, compare file versions, write custom logs to a server etc....etc...) do you think InstallShield is good for that?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
hh1234
Level 5

rrinblue22 wrote:
you can set the Windows Installer property ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT to 1 in the Property Manager in a Basic MSI project to hide ARP entry

So that did not work. I set ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT=1 and recompiled. When I ran my setup.exe it still created an entry in Programs and Features.
0 Kudos
jwallenstein
Level 4

Hello,
lets look in the IS-Help.
There is all about ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT property.

Regards
Jan
0 Kudos
rrinblue22
Level 9

Hey hh1234.... I think all the task which you mentioned can still be achieved using InstallShield.start using InstallShield and you would feel the difference.

For me, InstallShield is very helpful and provides the flexibility to compile scripts to achieve complex task for rest things there's built in functionality........:)
0 Kudos