cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mstwis
Level 2

Does the .NET Object Wizard Support .NET SP 1 ?

Hello folks,

I have just one question: Is the Microsoft .NET Object Wizard Supporting .NET 3.5 SP1(!)? Because you need to log in for seeing 2012er Files I cant look for myself... can somebody look it up for me please? 😉

I really need to know it :cool:

thanks in anticipation

mstwis
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The .NET Object for InstallScript projects has been superceded by the .NET prerequisites available in the Prerequisites view. A prerequisite for installing .NET 3.5 SP1 is available.
0 Kudos
mstwis
Level 2

thanks for ur answere.

The Problem with .NET prerequisites is, that you cant select features with need the prerequisite - not all my features need dotNet so normal .NET prerequisites are not an option.

Is there an other option in IS 2012 for my problem?
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

There are a couple of options available:
- Include the .NET framework and any other prerequisites and your InstallScript project as packages in a suite project. Suite projects provide the ability to control the packages that are installed through features in the suite. Note that InstallScript projects in suite installations will be supported natively (IS 2012 suites can only run them as EXE packages) in the next release of InstallShield.
- Move the detection and installation any .NET framework installers into your InstallScript project directly. Based on the detection of the version of .NET installed on the machine and the state of a feature in the script project, the .NET installation can be launched with the LaunchApplication function.
0 Kudos