cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rymani
Level 3

Dobut with silent install in unix

I invoked silent install in solaris by "exename -options responsefile -silent".

Whether the unix console or terminal is needed once the installation starts (that is after we press the Enter Key).

I tried the same way in windows where the control returns back to the prompt and thereby I closed the command prompt. There was no problem with the silent installation. But in unix once the Enter key is pressed the control is not returning back to the shell prompt, it is returning to the prompt only when the installation is over. Is it the actual behaviour in unix or I'm missing something.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
enanrum
Level 9

Its the behavior with Windows, the command, for some reason, when launched from the cmd line in silent mode is ran in the background on windows - put the same command in a .bat file and it will not come back to the command line prompt until install is complete!
0 Kudos
rymani
Level 3

Thanks for the clarification. Is there any document saying this is the actual behavior?

I closed the Unix X-Terminal or console after giving the command (Exename -options -silent) and the installation process killed. Closed means I'm not using ^C, I just closed the terminal by clicking the close button.

Whether the X-Terminal or console is needed to do a silent install in Unix till the installation gets over?

If there is any document available regarding these issue, please mention that.

Project type is Universal Installer Project.
0 Kudos