cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amerisun
Level 3

DoInstall - What happens during uninstall?

I am new, and have a question I hope I can get help with. I have an MSI project that has a custom action installscript that calls "DoInstall" to install a 3rd party application silently. I have this custom action after "MoveFiles" and before "InstallFiles" as I need to install this 3rd party utility before I start my process.

What happens during uninstall? Will that 3rd party utility automatically become uninstalled based on how InstallShield handles things? Or do I need to have another script that will call the uinstall of that application silently?

I want to be sure I call it A. in the right place, and B. correctly so as not to dirty up system in our environment.

Thanks ahead of time.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
BrHartmann
Level 7

I believe DoInstall is very similar to LaunchApp, but with better error reporting and some additional flags which can be applied. As such, the uninstall would not automatically remove this other package. I would advise adding code in one of your maintenance UI script events to uninstall this 3rd party utility.
0 Kudos
Amerisun
Level 3

Definitely have more to learn, like where to find a maintenance UI script event.. 😄 But this helps a lot to at least point me in the right direction!

Thanks for your input!!
0 Kudos