cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chuckjung
Level 2

Distributed version crashes when started (Warnings 6245, 6248 occur when created)

Distributed version crashes when started (Warnings 6245, 6248 occur when created)

I am using InstallShield 2012 Spring Limited Edition for Visual Studio with VS 2012, Update 3. I have a windows Forms program that runs great but when I try to distribute it the distributed version crashes when I try to start. I get an error messages saying that a file is missing or can't be found. I get three warnings when I create the distribution program and no errors. The warning are:

Warning 1 -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework. ISEXP : warning : -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.

Warning 2 -6248: Could not find dependent file AxisMediaControl.dll, or one of its dependencies of component ASAP.Primary_output ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file AxisMediaControl.dll, or one of its dependencies of component ASAP.Primary_output

Warning 3 -6248: Could not find dependent file AxisMediaControl.dll, or one of its dependencies of component ASAP.Localized_resources ISEXP : warning : -6248: Could not find dependent file AxisMediaControl.dll, or one of its dependencies of component ASAP.Localized_resources

I assume Warning 1 isn't causing the problem because the system that I am installing the program on already has the appropriate version of the .NET framework. I have read all the information I can find about warning number 2 and 3. The documentation says to make sure that I have all the files in the same directory but I don't know how to do this. Do I need to copy AxisMediaControl.dll into some directory? If so which one?

If I delete the Localized_resources from the Application Files then the distributed program doesn't crash, but I loose all the localization functionality in the program, which I don't want. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

This seem to be a duplicate thread.

Please follow below ongoing thread for further updates on the same.

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?206612-Distributed-version-of-the-program-crashes-(warnings-6245-and-6248-occur-at-compile)&highlight=6245

Thanks
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos