Dismissing the SdLicense2Rtf dialog immediately

Consider this installscript code:

function OnBegin()
HWND hwnd;
NUMBER nID;
BOOL result;
begin
Disable(BACKBUTTON);
if (SdLicense2Rtf("", "", "", SUPPORTDIR ^ "licenseAgreement.rtf", FALSE) != NEXT) then
abort;
endif;

hwnd = CmdGetHwndDlg(SD_DLG_LICENSE2_RTF);
nID = DLG_CLOSE;
result = FALSE;
SdCloseDlg(hwnd, nID, result);

SdShowMsg("Delaying...", TRUE);
Delay(5);
SdShowMsg("Delaying...", FALSE);
end;

Can someone tell me why the license dialog is never dismissed even after the SdCloseDlg function is called? I wanted to get rid of the license dialog immediately after the user clicks next, but no matter what I try, the dialog hangs around. The subsequent code that displays the "Delaying..." message just overlays itself on top of the License dialog.

Does anyone know of a reliable way to dismiss the license dialog as soon as the user accepts it and clicks on NEXT?

P.S: I have tried EndDialog/ReleaseDialog without any success.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For one possible cause, if you haven't yet, perhaps look at Disable(DIALOGCACHE) and Enable(DIALOGCACHE)?
0 Kudos
rdilipk
Level 5

I will check it out right away but just a quick observation:

The reason the code I posted probably didn't work was because the implementation of the function SdLicense2Rtf actually calls the EndDialog/ReleaseDialog pair internally (I looked it up in the SdLicense2Dlg.rul file). So by the time I call CmdGetHwndDlg, the dialog is long gone. However that still doesn't explain why the dialog hangs around after SdLicense2Rtf returns.

That leads to me your suggestion.. I will report back in a few.
0 Kudos
rdilipk
Level 5

RobertDickau wrote:
For one possible cause, if you haven't yet, perhaps look at Disable(DIALOGCACHE) and Enable(DIALOGCACHE)?

That did it! Robert, you are a life saver.
0 Kudos