cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rituchaudhary
Level 3

Disable feature options

Hi All,

I Need to Create two Features, among 2 features, one will be considered as mandatory, and one will be as optional.

For Mandatory Feature, Should not show any of the feature options like “This Feature will be installed on local hard drive, !!Menu All Local is missing from the UIText Table!!,  !! MenuAdvertise is missing from the UIText Table!!, This feature will not be available”.feature reference imagefeature reference image

Work around: with reference to above image we are able to hide last two But we are not able to hide first two options. although we found one document in revenera  which suggest setting feature property Remote installation to "Favour source" and first two options will get disable but it doesn't seem to be working (screenshot attached below).

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Any help will be really help full.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Rituchaudhary,

Thank you for your post.

I tested this issue extensively with a Basic MSI project built with InstallShield 2023 R2, which is the latest version of InstallShield. If this were possible, I expect that this would be possible with InstallShield 2023 R2, but it is not. The closest I could get to fulfilling the project requirements that you specified was to disable the second 2 options (to advertise the feature or to not install the feature). The first 2 options were still available for selection. If Windows Installer does not support this functionality, then InstallShield would not either. Sorry that this not the answer you were hoping to hear, but hopefully, it allows you to make an informed decision on how to continue.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

0 Kudos