cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheHouz
Level 5

Digital Signing

I am running InstallShield Express 2010 on a 64-Bit desktop with 8GB of ram.

I recently acquired a digital certificate from Winqual. I added the certificate to one of my installation projects. The signing process worked just fine. I thought I was home free.

I then had to install Office 2010 Professional. This is to allow me to test applications in Office 2010.

I then started to receive errors when InstallShield was compiling my application. SignTool Error: Signtool requires CAPICOM version 2.1.0.1 or higher. Please
copy the latest version of CAPICOM.dll into the directory that contains
SignTool.exe. If CAPICOM.dll exists, you may not have proper
permissions to install CAPICOM.

A little research indicates capicom.dll has been depracated by Microsoft.

So, I contact Flexera support. They tell me to do a repair install of my Express 2010. I did this.

Now, when I compile the same project, I do not get the error. But, all of the applications are signed with the wrong date.

So, I contact Flexera again. Now, they say: I was in touch with the engineering team. Since InstallShield Express is a stripped down version it doesn�t support 64 bit operating system. Therefore the digital signature or any other feature may not work as expected.
I would request you please upgrade InstallShield 2010 to Premier edition as it supports 64 bit OS as well.

That is a loaded response "or any other feature may not work as expected". THey told me it would work just fine on a 64-Bit desktop when I purchased the renewal.

Anyone have any thoughts on this. My Express 2010 was working prefectly on my 64-Bit desktop until I installed Office 2010. I suspect this is another bug in Express 2010 that they will not fix, and want to force me to Premier
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

0 Kudos