cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KRZero
Level 3

Different SplashScreens per Release

Hello All,

I would like to have different dilaog splash screens and dialog banners per release in one Basic MSI Project. Neither I want to copy the dialogs in any way nor I want to copy the project for the different OEMs. Is there a solution for this issue?

I would prefer a solution like switching the bitmap path via a release flag or something similar, but I'am not quite sure if this is possible since the bitmaps are stored in the binary table.

Thanks in advance

Kai
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I don't think we have a good way to do this in InstallShield 2010. However an enhancement in InstallShield 2011 happens to make this pretty easy. See "Ability to Override Path Variables for a Release" in the What's New in InstallShield 2011 article.
0 Kudos
KRZero
Level 3

Hi Michael,

Since we are running on an Installshield maintenance plan, I've downloaded the 2011 Premiere version.
The new override path variable function for the single releases is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again

Kai
0 Kudos
KRZero
Level 3

Hi Michael,

By trying to use the new Path Variable Overrides feature in Verison 2011, I'am facing the following problem:

Overriding a single path variable works as expected, but as soon as I'am going to override a second path variable in a release, this seems to kill the whole procedure :confused: . After saving and and reopening the project, neither the first nor the second path variable get accessed anymore. When I take a look at the corresponding ISReleaseProperty table entry, IS merged both properties into one record . And in the release view it only shows 1 path variable. Is this a bug, and if, has this already been fixed?

Regads

Kai
0 Kudos