cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aneesh
Level 3

Dialogue Control Event handler- Need Help

I need a urgent help.

For Installedsheild 2012 suite package I am having 2 dialogues.
First Dialogue contain 2 check boxes
Second Dialogue contain some features to be installed.
I want the features in the second dialogue should be installed depending upon the check box selection in the first dialogue.

if checkbox 1 is checked, then first few features should be displayed in second dialog and it should get installed.
if checkbox 2 is checked, rest of the features only get installed.

How can I implement this.. Please help
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Those sound like mutually exclusive options, so I would suggest using radio buttons or regular buttons instead of check boxes. It also sounds like you're trying to set the initial state, and then allow an end user to view and possibly change the features selected by the initial page. If that's correct, I would suggest putting actions on those (regular or radio) buttons that do one or more:[CODE]{SetProperty FEATURE[Feat1].actionState=install}
{SetProperty FEATURE[Feat2].actionState=}
{SetProperty FEATURE[Feat3].actionState=}[/CODE]or[CODE]{SetProperty FEATURE[Feat1].actionState=}
{SetProperty FEATURE[Feat2].actionState=install}
{SetProperty FEATURE[Feat3].actionState=install}[/CODE]respectively. Just append them all together on the Action for the button, possibly followed by a {SetActivePage nextPage}.
0 Kudos
aneesh
Level 3

Thanks alot Michael. Let me try with this. one thing is that this is not mutualy exclusive condition. the end user can select both checkbox to ionstall all the features
0 Kudos
aneesh
Level 3

End user can choose server features to be installed.

If checkbox 1( for sever) is checked , only server feaures should be displayed in the second dialogue from which the end user can select the features to be installed

End user cannot choose client features to be installed.

If checkbox 2 is checked (for client ) , All the client features should get installed. so no need to display the client features.

if End user click both checkbox, All the features shud get installed ,but only the server features should get displayed for end user selection in the second dialog.

Can Anybody give the solution ?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Currently I would avoid using the feature tree dialog for this scenario. Instead I would wire some checkboxes to the properties I mentioned last time by setting their Property to FEATURE[FeatName].actionState==install. You can then set the server checkbox's property to ServerSelected, and set the feature checkboxes' Enabled to {Binding ServerSelected}, or put them on the adjacent page and set its Visible to {Binding ServerSelected} so the Next button will only take you there if the server checkbox was checked.
0 Kudos
aneesh
Level 3

Thanks Michael.
How we can put Multipe Binding Condition for visiblity /enabling a button ??

{Binding property1_name == value1}
{Binding property2_name == value2}..how can we specify these two conditions ??

ethier first condition or second (OR)
Both condition (AND)

Please reply
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

No, currently we only support single property relations. You can condition on whether a single property matches, mismatches, or is less or more than some value.
0 Kudos